Elevate Douglas is excited to announce the creation of a new position to support the work of creating a “Globally Competitive and Resilient Economy with a Superior Quality of Life in Douglas County." The Project Manager of Business Retention, Expansion, and Workforce develops and leads programs focused on ensuring Douglas County remains committed to a business-friendly environment and the creation of a pipeline of skilled workers and the reskilling and upskilling of the existing workforce in order to meet the demands of Douglas County employers to ensure achievement of established goals, initiatives, and objectives consistent with Elevate Douglas’ Community and Economic Development Strategic Plan. We are seeking an individual who is creative, highly motivated, curious, thinks broadly, a team player, and likes to be challenged.
Position: Project Manager, BREW (Business Retention Expansion Workforce)
Type: Full-time, Direct Hire
Reports to: Vice President, Economic Development
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree + 2 years work experience or 5+ years of full-time work experience
Travel Required: Yes – 5% overnight, 50% on a daily basis - position may require evening work at times
Salary: estimated salary of $56,000 plus bonus
The Project Manager BREW will assist the Vice President in managing all aspects of the existing industry and workforce development strategy including the planning, organizing, monitoring, managing, and evaluating activities and programs. This role develops and leads programs focused on ensuring Douglas County remains committed to a business-friendly environment and the creation of a pipeline of skilled workers and the reskilling and upskilling of the existing workforce in order to meet the demands of Douglas County employers to ensure achievement of established goals, initiatives, and objectives consistent with Elevate Douglas’ Community and Economic Development Strategic Plan. This position will work with the Vice President to develop strategic and collaborative relationships with national, statewide, regional and local partners including educational institutions and non-profit agencies.
- Provide Workforce Development Project Management
- Research and provide analysis of workforce development programs
- Maintains jobs and wage database of Douglas County companies as well as regional information
- Implement customized recruitment strategies for existing industries
- Serves as a committee member for the Workforce Collaborative
- Leads Human Resources Council
- Provide Existing Industry Engagement
- Minimum of 60 industry visits/tours per year
- Execution of Annual Existing Industry Survey
- Meets with existing industry to identify opportunities to support the company
- Serves as the initial point of contact for existing industries
- Maintains CRM information on existing industries
- Leads Target Sector Industry Councils
- Understanding of real estate related to special districts (federal OZ, State OZ, TAD, LDCT)
- Provide Event Support
- Assists Events Team with the planning and coordination of events and programs related to existing industry and workforce including job fairs
- Attends and participates in events related to existing industry and workforce development
- Oversees and coordinates the Career Ready Training Program
- Provides Administrative Support as needed
- Performs related duties as assigned
Core Competencies Required:
- Project Management
- Microsoft 365 – Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Communication – oral and written
- Time Management Skills
- Business to Business experience
- Organizational Skills
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently
- Relationship Building Skills, Collaboration Skills
Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of full-time work experience specific to Core Competencies OR combination of higher education coursework and at least 5 years of full-time work experience specific to core competencies
No relocation assistance will be provided.
Qualified applicants should submit their resume and salary requirements to Breezy Straton at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Due to the high level of interest not all applicants will be contacted.
Elevate Douglas Economic Partnership and Douglas County Economic Development Authority are equal opportunity employers, drug free workplace and an e-verify participant.
Resumes due by October 6, 2023.