Douglas County is a growing hub for Medical Device Manufacturing and its ascent markets in Healthcare, Medical Technology, Pharmaceuticals, Nutraceuticals, and Plastic and Metal Fabrication. Douglas County is home to industry leaders American Red Cross Blood Processing, Medline Industries, ResMed, Sensormatics, and Coloplast.
The Wallace H. Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology and Emory University is ranked 1st (undergraduate) and 2nd (graduate) in the U.S. by U.S. News & World Report. It is the largest BioMedical Engineering department in the country, with 1,450 students and 72 faculty members, and is one of the highest NIH-funded departments in the U.S.
The Atlanta region offers World-Class Resources for Medical Device Manufacturers including:
- Global Center for Medical Innovation Atlanta (GCMI) is the Southeast’s first comprehensive medical device innovation center with the facilities, resources, and expertise needed to assist innovators move from concept to commercialization. Recently GMCI announced the establishment of a medical technologies accelerator for Israeli-based companies in Atlanta, and for U.S. based companies to access the Rambam Health Care Campus resources in Israel.
- Southeastern Medical Device Association (SEMDA) supports and promotes medical device companies in the Southeast by providing access to funding, education and networking opportunities. SEMDA is headquartered in Georgia.
- Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) examines the interactions between medical devices and security and logistical systems, as well as multiple devices used by one patient, such as an implanted pacemaker and an external bone healing system.
Over the past five years, Medical Device Manufacturing has experienced an annual growth rate of 1.6% and five-year projections anticipate continued growth of 0.9% annually. With just over 1,200 employed in the region in Medical Device Manufacturing, your company can join the ranks of industry leaders who already call Douglas County home!
Douglas County offers affordable land, a business-friendly environment, a trained and qualified workforce all within a 25-minute drive of downtown Atlanta and Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport! We invite you to discover Douglas County for your next business opportunity and enjoy life at a better pace!
Our Team is Here to Help – Contact a member of our staff to assist you with:
• Confidential Site Selection
• Customized Workforce Development Recruitment Strategy
• Community Resources
• Economic Development Incentives