Cut the Commute. Work in Douglas.
In partnership with the Douglas County Chamber, the Cut the Commute campaign highlights the various employment opportunities in Douglas County!
This initiative is open to all Douglas County companies with employment opportunities, regardless of industry and size! There is no charge to participate but registration is required.
Participants will receive:
- Introductory Membership with the Douglas County Chamber
- Opportunity to post all open positions on DouglasJobs.com
- A Cut the "Commute. Work in Douglas." lawn sign and/or window cling (depending on the needs of the business)
- Inclusion in social media posts
Elevate Douglas Economic Partnership serves as the Point of Contact for all workforce development needs in Douglas County, including:
- Talent Attraction Strategies
- Talent Retention Strategies
- Upskill and Reskill Training
- Access to Data
- Connection to local and regional partners
- State of Georgia Incentives and Tax Credits
- Workforce Collaborative (coalition of local employers)
- Career Ready Training Program (local training program)
We support Douglas County companies by hosting job fairs, providing labor and wage data, hosting events to bring employers together, providing resources from our workforce development partners, and partnering to identify solutions to specific problems.
"The Elevate Douglas Economic Partnership team has been a huge asset to our business. We struggled finding qualified candidates for general warehouse, maintenance, and CDL drivers in the local market. In addition, COVID-19 has presented hiring , absenteeism, and retention challenges. The job fairs and networking events that Elevate organized has provided us with great candidates and partnerships throughout Douglas County. The team is a tremendous resource and always available to assist in providing actionable guidance."
Jerome Williams, General Manager, Essendant